Microsoft Access VBA Course Outlines
Microsoft Access VBA Introduction
Our introduction to Microsoft Access VBA training course is suitable for those advanced users of Microsoft Access. Any one responsible for managing very large and variable amounts of data, or teams, who want to learn how to program features and functions to improve the accessibility and usability of your data.
At the end of the training course you will have covered the fundamentals of VBA (Visual Basics Applications), including working with procedures and functions, understanding objects, using expressions, variables and intrinsic functions. You will have mastered how to control program execution, working with forms and controls, working with the PivotTable object. Finally the course also includes modules on debugging code, handling errors to ensure minimal downtime while building and effecting the program.
Those who complete the Microsoft Access VBA course satisfactorily will receive a certificate at the end of the computer training course.
A high proficiency of Access is essential, or completion of our Microsoft Access advanced course.
Introduction to VBA
- The History of VBA
- Consideration of Compatibility Issues
Concepts in VBA
- Getting to Grips with Objects
- Properties and Methods
- Understanding Procedures and Modules
- An Introduction to Events and Event Handling
- Treatment of Objects in General
- An Introduction to Naming Conventions
- Objects Specific to Microsoft Access
Variables & Constants
- A General Introduction to Storage
- Using Variables and Constants
- When and How to Declare, Use and Name Them
- Determining the Flow of a Program
- Writing Self-contained, Re-usable Procedures
- Control Types
- Create and Use Controls
- Enhancing Forms with Procedures
Procedures & Functions
- Calling Procedures from Other Procedures
- Passing Data Between Procedures
- Using Standard Functions
- Use of Named Arguments
- Custom Functions
- Automatic Procedures in Access
Menus & Toolbars
- Using the Menu Editor
- Creating and Customising Toolbars
- Assigning Procedures
- Manipulation Within Procedures
Debugging & Error Handling
- Types of Errors and How to Handle Them
- Investigating Problems Using the Debug Window
Contact us to see how we can schedule the Microsoft Access VBA introduction course into your corporate schedule.
F1 Computer Services offer in-house training and open courses to companies located in Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, Bournemouth and Salisbury. F1 Computer Services have been offering Microsoft technical courses in Dorset and Hampshire to companies and individuals for over 20 years.